Our Office Technology
Our office employs the newest dental technology to ensure that you receive the highest quality dentistry, the best patient care, and the safest and most comfortable dental experience available. Below is a list of the dental technology that makes our office unique:
- DentalVibe is a new, award-winning device that uses vibration to block the sensation of pain when an injection is administered. DentalVibe is gentle, fast and safe and our patients rave about not feeling any pain when receiving a dental injection. It is revolutionizing the way patients experience their dental care!
- Digital X-Rays reduce radiation by 90%. When it comes to taking X-rays we believe in the principal of ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable). It basically means that we only take X-rays when absolutely necessary.
- Intra Oral Cameras allow us to show you up close and personal exactly what we are seeing in your mouth that is cause for concern. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words!
- Chairside Computers: We maintain patient records electronically, which means that when communicating with other doctors and specialists, we are able to easily and efficiently send patient information via email, eliminating the time delay associated with mailing x-rays or medical histories the old-fashioned way.
- State of the Art Sterilization Center: We employ the latest sterilization technology to ensure that we are providing our patients with the safest dental experience possible.
- Nitrous Oxide & Sedation Dentistry: Dr. Addison and Dr. Fisher have been trained and tested in the administration of nitrous oxide and oral sedation.
- Patient Comfort Measures: We offer movies/music in TVs in each operatory using wireless headphones, blankets, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, bottled water, coffee, tea or hot chocolate, and complimentary paraffin hand wax treatments during dental procedures.
- Distilled Water Source: The source of water for our dental units is distilled water, which removes any chance of contamination from regular tap water like that used in most dental offices.
- MyPerioPath and MyPerioID Oral DNA Testing: is the latest in dental technology. It is a non-invasive, easy-to-use tool that shows us the exact kind of bacteria present in your mouth, lets us know if you are more susceptible to certain kinds of periodontal disease and tooth decay and lets us identify and use specific antibiotic therapy to target and destroy the specific bacteria found in your mouth.
- OraRisk Oral HPV Testing: is a non-invasive, easy-to-use screening tool to identify the type(s) of oral HPV, a mucosal
viral infection that could potentially lead to oral cancer. This test allows the doctor to determine if there is an increased risk for oral cancer and take appropriate steps for monitoring conditions or referring the patient for additional care.
- Clifford Labs Material Reactivity Testing: This test is a blood test done outside our office that screens for personal
biocompatibility to over 1,000 different dental materials by detecting antibodies to specific materials (by brand name) or components of materials. The results are reported as [S] (suitable) or [NS] (not suitable) and give Dr. Addison information to help choose materials that are most biocompatible for that patient. Not all patients are in need of this specific type of information on dental materials, but for those with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, the Clifford test is available.
Back to Patient Education